|Budget – Very Low||Trek Distance – 15 km||Days Req. – 2-3 days|
A Brief About Hemkund Sahib Trek? 😀
Hemkund Sahib Trek, a well-managed trek for pilgrims to worship, to explore the scenic mountains and to enjoy a 3-day long trek.
Hemkund Sahib is a Gurudwara situated in Chamoli District, Uttrakhand, India which is also spelled as Hemkunt.
- A Brief About Hemkund Sahib Trek? 😀
- Should You Visit Hemkund Sahib? 🤔
- Difficulty Level Of Hemkund Sahib Trek? 🥵
- Will Cost How Much? 💰
- Best Time To Visit 🌈
- What about Trek? 🏔
- And Stay? 🏡
- How is the food? 😋
- What Should I Need during The Trek? 🎒
- What If My back feels too heavy? 😵
- How To Reach Govind Ghat? 🚗/🏍/🚌
- Now Here Are Some Pro Tips ; ) 😎
- Some QnA 🧐
- Some Cool Nearby Places
Should You Visit Hemkund Sahib? 🤔
This much beauty, you can’t miss. If you are medically fit and want to experience a scenic trek on a low budget then this is a must go.
Just after you reach Gobind Ghat Gurudwara ( from where you will start your trek ), you have nothing to worry about because the management of the devotees who are serving there is so well that they will care about every single problem you may have.
Every Gurudwara ( there are 3 Gurudwara’s from starting to the end of the trek ) has medical facilities, sticks( लाठी ), food, and tea so that you won’t face any problem during the trek. There is a lot to talk about, will explore it further as you go on reading.
Difficulty Level Of Hemkund Sahib Trek? 🥵
It’s a Moderate trek
You won’t find any difficulty in trekking from Govind Ghat to Ghangaria but that 9 km might feel long. After Ghangaria trek becomes more challenging mainly if it is snow-clad there. Will explore the trekking route further as you go on reading
Will Cost How Much? 💰
Just the traveling cost, Thanks to devotees who are working there for the help of pilgrims. Will explore it further ahead.
Best Time To Visit 🌈
June-October is the only time to visit as the place stays covered in snow from November to May.
1. In the Month of June ( Too much Crowd ) ⛄
If you want to enjoy and trek through glaciers, then it’s the right time ( Early June is best, though a bit more challenging ) but if you are planning for the valley of flowers as well, you won’t be able to find any of the flowers in this month.
2. From July to August ⛈
Snow gets melted as June passes, monsoon gets in, seeds of beautiful flowers start germinating. A demerit of going this time is that heavy rain could spoil your trek.
3. From September to October 🌥
If you are not in the mood to play with snow, then it might be the best time to visit here as monsoon gets over and the sky gets clearer and a new scenic view gets visible during these months.
What about Trek? 🏔
The whole trek is of 15 km and gonna consume 2-3 days.
Govind Ghat — 14 km / 4-6 Hour —> Ghangaria
After staying a night at Govind Ghat, you start in the morning. You can take a shared taxi from Govind Ghat for 4 km that will charge you 40 Rs per head and then you can start your trek from here to Ghangaria.
If you want to enjoy one more trek alongside, you can take an extra day for Valley Of Flowers trek from Ghangaria as marked in the map above.
Ghangaria — 6 km / 4-6 Hour —> Hemkund Sahib
After staying a night at Ghangaria, you continue for Hemkund Sahib Trek in the morning and come back to Ghangaria or direct to Govind Ghat. It all depends upon the condition of your legs.
facilities of Palki/Dandi, Kandi & Mule/Ponies are available as well and try not to trek after sunset.
And Stay? 🏡
As you start your trek from Govind Ghat, there is the arrangement for thousands of pilgrims to stay for free at Gurudwara Shri Gobind Ghat, the same thing is with Gurudwara Sri Gobind Dham at Ghangaria ( Pro Tip at the End ).
There is no staying facility at Gurudwara Shri Hemkund Sahib, that’s why you have to come back to Ghangaria after visiting Hemkund Sahib.
You could also book Hotel there at Ghangaria, they will charge you around 2.4k for double bedroom if pre-booked as the hotels get booked at a rapid rate.
At Gurudwara, they provide you with the blanket as well. So, no need to carry one
How is the food? 😋
There is a 24×7 facility of food ( called as Langar ) for the pilgrims, also that rejuvenating tea at every Gurudwara.
You could also have Maggi, Samosa, etc. at small shops in between trek but that will cost you more as you trek higher.
What Should I Need during The Trek? 🎒
- Winter Clothing:- Jackets, Muffler, Cap, etc.
- 3x pair of socks
- Shoes with a solid grip or Hiking Shoes
- Energy Bars and nuts
- Wind Cheater or Rain Coat
- Torch or Mobile Torch ( If got late )
- Power Bank
- A pair of Slippers
What If My back feels too heavy? 😵
No worry, the management is so good that there is the arrangement for extra luggage as well that you can deposit in any of the Gurudwara at free of cost.
How To Reach Govind Ghat? 🚗/🏍/🚌
You can check Google Maps for the Route from your location Here, it’s just 25 km / 1 hour behind Badrinath
You can either go by personal motorbike, personal car, taxi, or bus. Taking a personal car there is not recommended if you have no experience of driving in hilly areas and not having a heavy vehicle.
The cheapest option is to go for Bus that will charge you around 540 Rs from Rishikesh. Also, now you can book the bus online as well at UTC online portal.
Otherwise, you can hire a taxi or can go on your own bike.
(Buses booked online always runs late from there actual timings)
You Can Book UTC Buses Here
Now Here Are Some Pro Tips ; ) 😎
- At Shri Gurudwara Gobind Ghat, Mostly they provide rooms to groups having ladies. If unable to get a room there, they have large halls available to stay overnight, also they will provide you with blankets.
- Start as early as possible for Ghangaria from Govind Ghat, if you want a comfortable bed at Shri Gurudwara Gobind Dham. Try to reach before 11 AM.
- Make friends there and extract as much as you can.
Some QnA 🧐
Absolutely Not, just you need to manage your traveling.
No ATM in between trek. You can find one at Govind Ghat.
Not that good. Construction is going on all over the place.
Some Cool Nearby Places
- Valley Of Flowers Trek:- You can take an extra day for this trek from Ghangaria. This place where the flowers showered from heaven.
- Vasudhara Falls Trek:- This place where nature has bombarded the most scenic combination of mountains.
- Badrinath:- Mostly people prefer to visit Badrinath Temple after Hemkund Sahib Trek. So, to reach there from Govind Ghat, you can take a lift or wait for a bus to arrive. Most people think that they can get a bus really easily from there but it’s not like that, there is a high probability that you won’t get a bus there in the morning time, but you may get one during the afternoon. Be patient or hire a taxi/sumo/cab.
If you have any query, please comment it down
We would be happy to reply : )
Explore More Critbooks @ critbook.com
Explore More Travel Guide @ travel.critbook.com